Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

On the Island.....anyone out there?

We have been at the cottage now for almost a week but why does it seem so much longer?

Both Lily and I have fallen sick these past few days. It has been so trying to take care of her while I am with fever and my body aches. The good news is that Charlotte has been so patient with me and not demanding. We have skipped a few walks on the beach in favour of time spent in bed (all three of us).

The wet weather has changed to a beautiful sunny day today and the arrival of a good friend has increased my spirits tremendously. She is motivated by baby Lily cuddles.

I like to think I am a really good mom but when I am sick I second guess that thought. I am happy that there is always a light somewhere out there and it is only a matter of time that things start to turn for the better.

Now that we are both on the upside of illness we are looking forward to a great weekend and some time in the blow-up pool (well I will be on the outside of it).

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Don't be too hard on yourself. Recently my whole family had the flu and I was so ill I had to have a friend come and take Oscar for the day and Joelle had to go to the grocery store for me. It was one of the longest days of my life and without friends Oscar might have spent most of it in his crib with toys :) Just know that cuddling is more then I was doing that day. I kept thinking to myself, "I have to feed them, it's the law" so I threw easy to grab food at the kids and then crawled to the hallway to wait for them to finish.
    xo

    ReplyDelete