Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Great News on the Horizen (not about the baby)

Sore throat, a few aches and pains, a lump on my brow from bending down and hitting my head on the green recycle bin....a bit of a nip and tuck on my abdominal incision, tattoos (for those who really know me, you know where : ) and all this past week.

But I will only sulk one paragraph worth as I received news this week that I will have Charlotte full time as of December 15th. Yes, my ex has decided, I am sure with much angst, that I can have her. I will share with you one of the reasons why I am so happy to take her full time. Char got demoted to the basement when their baby was born a year ago and more recently she was kicked off her couch where she had slept for many years. It crushed me as I know how much she wants to be near people and part of the family. I mean she slept on that couch for about 5 years. I have read about families that once they have a baby the dog is kept away or in severe cases, they find a new family for they cannot manage both. Personally, I find that very sad. I want a bit of chaos in my life. I want my dog to be in the way and licking my daughter's face and I want my daughter to have as many years as possible with her new hairy best friend.
I will just embrace my good fortune and soon I will also get to meet my daughter. It is almost the end of October so I anticipate hearing something soon. I recently got new police clearance and Vietnamese medicals to up date my dossier and have it ready on a moments notice to present.

I have a good friend who will be travelling to Vietnam late next week to pick up her son. She has waited over 5 months to travel but soon enough the wait will be behind her and her beautiful boy with be in her arms.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting times! I caught up with you again on the singles chat where I saw your post. You should come out to the waiting mommies dinner on the 13th! You are certainly actively waiting right now!

    Bev and Benjaminh

    ReplyDelete