Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Anniversary of Referral

I was a year ago today and I was sitting at my work cubicle on a Thursday afternoon. Recently I had a conversation with M at my agency and she thought my referral would come by the end of the year but it could be into the new year. I had no inclination that a referral of my sweet baby would come that afternoon.

I had a phone call from D and as soon as I heard her voice I knew it needed to brace myself. She spoke for what seemed to be forever and then suddenly she asked if I was near a computer as she was sending me an email with 4 photos. I couldn't type for the life of me but finally made my way and plugged in my password to find an email. With great anticipation and excitement I clicked on the email to see this photo of Lily My Yen:


I was overjoyed and loved her face immediately, her eyes, lips, wee hands, all the hair and of course how could I not noticed the horizontal stripes in orange. She was my wee pumpkin for sure. Then I scrolled further down to find three more photos. Some with a loving nou nou holding her and then another that had my giggling ...and you will see why.


Here is Lily, and when I first saw this picture I thought that she was a very big baby. And even as I received more photos during my wait to travel the same thing struck me...that she is a BIG baby. Well for those that have met Lily and held her she is just the opposite. Light as a feather, tiny but mighty. When I travelled to Vietnam I asked our country host why she looked so big and L told me it was because she would use her zoom lens when taking the photos.
Happy Referral Day Lily My Yen.....November 19, 2009 was the beginning of a loving family. That day, and without you really knowing, you changed my life forever and brought something I had always wanted (a family).
My thoughts this morning as I type this and Lily is still asleep is that "hope" wins!


1 comment: