Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Settling in to Daycare

I am on week four. I think Lily has adjusted better than I have but that does not surprise me. We do have one small problem....the little mouse is not sleeping at daycare. With me she would sleep in the morning and then a nice 2 hour nap in the afternoon. At daycare she may have a 10 min. nap in her stroller in the morning but when the afternoon arrives there is so much unpredictability. Yesterday we both got up at 6:30am (due to the time change) and Lily did not nap until 4:00pm. OUCH - I am having a hard time adjusting to this.

Suggestions are welcomed here on my site. How do we get her to sleep??

For the most part though she is doing so well. Yesterday I was told she may have said the word "Up" and some form of the word "Banana". Trying to get her to say it to me has resulted in nothing remotely sounding like these two words.

Some really good news is that my upper cabinets in my kitchen were hung over the weekend and it is starting to really look like a kitchen. Doors are on back order. Photos to be uploaded over the weekend.

Well this morning I woke up thinking it was 6:40am only to get dressed and come downstairs to make coffee and the actual time is 5:45am. Ooops! I forgot to change the clock radio across my room and that is what I looked at when I first woke. Hence my blog entry : )

2 comments:

  1. Ask her daycare not to let her nap in the morning - not even for a few minutes in her stroller. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that I had to adjust my routine to that of the day care routine - consistency is important to kids. I found they were much happier on the weekend when I followed the day care routine of eating and napping (even though it can be inconvenient to me)

    I also found that my kids went from 1 or 2 naps a day at home to only 1 nap or not napes at day care......guess it's the all the social interaction, there is much more to stimulate them there. I also found that their nap patterns change periodically. Matthew (19 months) who used to nap in the PM suddenly started napping in the AM.....and occasionally he won't nap at all. Usually I know when he's tired and I put him in his bed to "cry it out" and see if he will sleep and usually after 10 minutes (if that) he's out (though he cried a river up until that point and then suddenly silence)

    I donno if that helps at all.....

    ReplyDelete