Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 31, 2017

Booked and Mostly Paid For

Flights booked to Geneva - Rome - Toronto.  

Fortunate to have girlfriends that love to do the same thing as me.  Hike, hike, and more hiking!  That will be the first leg of our trip.  From Geneva we travel to Chamonix, France to start a 9 day full on hiking trip circumnavigating the Mont Blanc.  The trek is called the TMB.  I think it is one of the treks you do as a right of passage for those serious hikers wanting altitude and big ascents.

It is now official training time for this group of 6 women.  Cardo conditioning, and hill work is a priority but also lengthy hikes as we will be hiking up to 9 hours a day.  That puts strain on your back, knees, and of course my poor feet.  I am reading a lot of articles on how to support and not support your feet.  Also looking at hiking boots that would better support my feet, although climbing Kilimanjaro two years ago, my feet did just fine and my Asolo boots really rocked the rugged climb.  Don't fix what is not broken, I repeat often.

Here is a picture of our overall route of the 9 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment