Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 2017

This is common for me.  Common in that I put away my journal for months at a time and then one day, something inspires me to write again.  Only today, nothing has really inspired me except for time.  I have time on my hands today (thought that would never happen). 

My last post was over a year or two ago.  Yup, I was posting about Kilimanjaro and then I left these pages hanging high and dry.  What has happened since that time...

Here is the world's briefest update of the past two years:


  • Came back from Africa where I left my footprints on Kilimanjaro, and met some really cool African Serengeti animals
  • Celebrated on Vancouver Island, my Aunt Terry's 90th birthday
  • Juggled 5 contract jobs which has provided the most amazing time freedom
  • Lily finished up grade 1 French immersion and went into grade two last Sept
  • Had an epic summer in 2015 and 2016 especially at the cottage with friends and family
  • In summer of 2016 we said good-bye to Charlotte, my first baby (of the fur kind) who was 13 years and 3 months to the day.
  • Lily got to go with Auntie ME to camp Olympia on her own last summer
  • Signed up for Tap, Jazz and Ballet (of course that was Lily not me)
  • Lost baby teeth and grew gown up teeth AND Lily saved lots of tooth fairy money
  • Paid off my car just in time to watch it fall apart
  • Erik put a deck in the backyard so now spend way more time hanging in the back
  • Kitchen is now on the 3rd or 4th reno...lost count
  • Planning for Tour of Mont Blanc in Sept 2017....yippee.  We will have 8 nights and 9 days in the Alps followed by an excursion to Italy for someone's 50th.
    Summer 2016 at C.I

No comments:

Post a Comment