Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Fork in the Road

I used to love a good ol fork in the road. I think back especially to when I was travelling on my own. I would set out backpacking in New Zealand or Australia and part way into my journey a fork would appear. Do I continue on set path or do I deviate to the unexpected that actually could be my true calling? My true north. As I hiked my way through the South Island of NZ I would almost always deviate and take the path least travelled or the optimal fork in the road that lead me to a new adventure.


So now at forty something I am shaken when there is a fork in the road. I am not equiped and I don't know how to navigate this impairment in my journey. It is like I turned forty and now, suddenly, even bungy jumping scares me and in my younger days, those who really know me, know what kind of bungee jumping I got up to.


Up until now I have kept a laser sharp focus on my Vietnam adoption. Tunnel vision some would say. I really believe in visualizing the future. Anyway, I now have a fork in my road. Don't get me wrong as it is still full steam ahead on my Vietnam adoption front but I have been presented with another path to take which means a shift in my current focus, taking time considering this fork in the road and wondering, questioning and not quite as eager to set my sail in a different direction.

Perhaps forty something has taught me to keep my eye on the ball, persevere and that good things come to those who, not just wait patiently, but work hard towards their goal.







1 comment:

  1. Paula,
    I love a good fork as much as I hate it. The additional time to consider the decision is a gift and a curse. I look forward to watching your grace and determination in the months ahead. All my love to you.

    L

    ReplyDelete