Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fridays will soon not be the same...or will they.

With the impending arrival of a baby into the household I have moments where I utterly freak out. Not in a bad way but in a way that makes me wonder how much my life as I know it will change. But here it is Friday night and I have forced myself to stay up to 11pm but I was really ready for bed at 9:30pm. It is all quite conducive for a baby really. The joys of being a parent in the later years.

I realize I am not updating my blog as often as I had wanted but life is pretty busy these days. I have about 4-6 weeks left of work and it could not be busier. I have a few house projects left to complete, flight plans to make, dog daycare plans to make while away, getting my name on the multitude of daycares in the area, decide what to take to Vietnam for me, the baby and the orphanage, and help my friends with the wonderful fundraiser they are planning - to assist with travel costs while in Vietnam with Lily.

Wow I am tired just typing it all down. Anyway I will try to be more diligent in getting some posts up with more details.

I did just finish a whopping amount of paperwork that will make it's way to Vietnam. My sister and I sent passports in for our Visa to Vietnam and the agency will be booking flights and hotel accommodations in the next few weeks.

Still not certain when we will be leaving as the bureaucracy is making the adoption process take longer...they are just doing more dotting of the "i" and the crossing of the "t".

Lily was 7 weeks at proposal and it looks like she will be closer to 6 months by the time they place her in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment