Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Flower Child

I've had lots of opportunty to practice carrying babies in the past few years because all around me my friends are having babies and I am the lucky auntie who gets to hold and cuddle them. After about an hour or so I am ready to hand their baby back to them. My fear of suddenly dropping them due to my arms being fatigued has driven me to start training for the moment they put Lily into my arms.

I have to admit I have not been lifting a lot of weights lately like I used to pre-B.C. No step classes, no abs, buns and legs, forgo the men's pushups for a modified women's pushup...walking rather than running, and yoga rather than boxing. I have been very gentle on my body so it is time to step up and get in shape.

So meet my flower child....an 11.4 lb bag of all purpous flour, wrapped in a blanket and put into the bjorn sport carrier. I only take her out in the evening when it is dark and therefore people can't really tell what I am carrying.

What is funny though, when I am out walking Char with Flower in the carrier I am starting to feel what it would be like to have a family.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased that you are blogging this next wonderful adventure in your life. I am looking forward to witnessing this mother and child reunion at least through a cyber connection! its all beautiful...even the music...except that it makes me cry!
    Sending you both love and light,
    namaste, claire

    ReplyDelete