Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fresh Country Air

Lily and I arrived at Aunt ME's house late last night. Sadly, we caught a late ferry and finally arrived at 10:40p.m. Lily then stayed awake laughing and playing with her Uncle and Cousins for the next hour and a half.

It is so beautiful here especially first thing in the morning and the corn fields are huge for this time of year. Oh, and Charlotte came with us and has been barking at the stalks ever since.

We have been having such a fun summer but it has been nice to get off the island to see some different sites.

Lily is coming up to 10.5 months and just crawling up a storm. She loves to crawl to the dog dish when Char is eating and on occasion has taken a sample kibble out of the bowl. I guess there are worse things she could eat. Also, Lily is crab walking intermittently between crawling. It is especially funny when she does this at the beach in the sand. A little sand crab is what she is. She is not cruising yet but will stand up on anything in reach. She has not quite worked out the mechanics yet.

She is eating up a storm and some days I feel like I have two Labrador dogs. Both Char and Lily seem to beg for food when they see me eat. Lily loves the following foods:
  • watermelon
  • peaches
  • blueberries
  • canteloupe
  • strawberries
  • cheese
  • any white bread but especially challah
  • Cheerios
  • cucumber
  • her mum mums and saltine crackers (without the salt)
Lily has a mouthful of teeth. Her eighth finally cut through this week. She has big front teeth with a little space in the middle and she has tested her chompers on me. Her bite hurts a great deal.

We are looking forward to a weekend with a couple other families who travelled with us to Vietnam. I can't wait for all the babies to be together. The memories of Vietnam are so precious to me and I feel like we are all family now.

Pictures to come next week when I will be able to download or sooner if I figure it out here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula!!
    Sounds like you're having a great summer!
    Lily's eating a lot! My niece REFUSES to eat any fruit or vegetables! They have to make smoothies.
    Looking forward to seeing you!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete