Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Daycare and Back to Work

It is the eve of my going back to work and Lily attending her daycare. Yup, I am feeling a bit stressed on both fronts but what keeps me from going over the edge is the fact that Lily is very social and loves to be with other kids. Her daycare is bright and cheery and there are three other wee ones. Two little girls of similar age and a boy. We have been a few times already but last Friday I left for an hour and besides the scream that lasted all of 5 seconds she was just fine.

So I will do a gradual back to work/daycare over the next three weeks so we can all adjust slowly.

I calculated that I will have three hours a day with Lily during the week. The daycare provider will get to have about 7 waking hours with her (I am jealous already). Well I will just take one step at a time and hope for a positive outcome.

The past three weeks I have noticed that Lily has gained a very strong attachment to me. A couple days ago when we were at my friends for a playdate, Lily screamed for me as I left the room. It was a chilling scream that I had not experienced with her in relation to me leaving her side. That was a first. This past weekend while at home I have had to be very close to her. Could be that she is sensing something with the trips to the daycare OR it could be that her one year molar has just started cutting through.

Much more to do before lights out. Here is a picture of Lily and Char just after a walk in the neighbourhood. The new present came from Aunti Georgie (used toy for Lily's b-day). She had so much fun driving the car.

1 comment: