Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Few Firsts in Lily's Life

Well, we are into the second week of daycare and back to work. My house is a mess, my dog is not getting as many walks and I am going into the change jar to by transit tokens. Can't wait for that first paycheck so I can say goodbye to EI.

Lily seems to be enjoying daycare and has transitioned well for the first week. She does cry at night when I put her to bed which she did not do before. Tonight I had to rock her to sleep when she just wouldn't soothe herself. It is a big transition for the both of us so a little extra cuddling is needed.

The first day of daycare Lily took one step towards me at the end of the day. I am so worried I am going to miss this so I will leave my video camera there everyday and hope it will be captured. All the other kids are walking and I can see Lily wants to be up with the kids. She is doing a lot of standing but is not too eager to take steps.
Below is a picture of the first day I dropped her off and our provider, Natalia immediately took her to the water table where she forgot all about her mama.

At the end of last week we went on a big road trip to Sudbury to see her Vietnamese "brother" and to help celebrate his birthday and his Baptismal. It was a jam packed weekend with a Hallow e'en party with the Asian adoption community in the afternoon. Lily was dressed as a Fairy Mouse and I went as Jeanie. A blondie I am not!!

Following that party we joined a family who travelled to Vietnam with us (Cedric's mom and dad) to celebrate a birthday party for Cedric with the inclusion of Lily. It was just adorable and we had so much fun with lots of their family members attending.

Of course we can't help ourselves to gush over both of these babies and match these two in a marriage when they are older. If not marriage then wishing them a life long friendship of course. Below is a picture of the delicious cake that was made. All through our trip and when we arrived back in Canada these two got the names Pebbles and Bamm Bamm for obvious reasons.

Cedric's Baptism was a wonderful event and I feel so very proud of him. I was asked to be his Godmother and it is just such an honour to be in this little boy's life. We all wore traditional Vietnamese dress and celebrated afterwards with a brunch. Boy these babes were so tired by the end of this very busy weekend.

I just finished day one of my second week and today Lily went to Aunti Andi's house for the day. She got to play with Samantha and Jack. Lily loves being with this family and always has so much fun. I feel so thank ful to have such caring people close by. It makes going back to work just that much bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment