Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 20, 2015

Counting Down to October 2015



I can't believe that I will be on top of this mountain in less than 9 months.  On top of being on top of a mountain I will be climbing with 5 of my dear girlfriends, plus another 12-14 people who have signed up to live a dream of a lifetime too.


To give some history on this climb, I had thought about doing this at some point in my life back in the early 90's.  I had written a list of things I wanted to accomplish in my life on the inside cover of the book, "The Snow Leopard" by Peter Matthiessen.  Not only did I have written down Kilimanjaro, I also wrote down the following two things in the order that you see it below:
  1. adopt a baby
  1. have a baby biologically (god willing)
I got really close to this climb in late 2008.  I was asked to be a part of "Climb for The Cure" climb with Wood Gundy.  But as it happened it was the beginning of the global recession and the climb was called off.  So I gave up on my dream...for a little while.  Instead another dream entered my life and her name is Lily.


For those of you who do not know my story you will have to go back to the beginning of my blog on my journey to adopt Lily.  But remember, at the time I wrote this list I had no idea I would be diagnosed with breast cancer.  In hindsight I just found it fascinating how life played out for me. 





1 comment:

  1. I was in the adoption process and after almost two years matched with a liitle girl who was almost 4 years old. A month later I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. Now trying to determine if I can return to the adoption process. May I ask if your BC was before or after you completed you adoption?

    ReplyDelete