Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

..and on the forth day the baby slept.

Oh, what a wonderful night indeed to have Lily sleep from 8:00pm to 7:00am. Ok not the whole night through as we did wake for two bottles and the latter part of the night was in my bed but the goal was to get her out of the 3:00am waking mode and wanting to play.
Today we had our first playgroup and Lily was fascinated with the older children especially my girlfriend's son Jack. He is very playful and charming and she certainly kept her eye on him (sorry Cedric). She is getting used to long walks in the stroller but not sure if it is her favorite thing to do yet. After our playdate we walked home for about 35 min and then once home she went straight to sleep for her afternoon nap. I am happy to have a bit of time on my hands as my house sure needs it.
Remember when I said my friend E was going to put down some new flooring? Well the floor was in such a state when he started ripping it up that he had to pull it all out and rebuild, including new joice's (sp??) to add support. That was a huge job and on top of all of that he made a decision (one with my blessing) to remove the wall between the living room and the kitchen. Adding a beam for support we now have an open view. It will not really be finished until the fall so it is like living at the cottage somewhat but boy what a joy to watch Lily play while I am in the kitchen.
We both love bath time and are looking forward to a swimming pool excursion soon.








3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that all sounds good! Still super excited to meet your angel soon.
    jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets plan for a playdate in the next two weeks. Looking forwared to it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be up for it so soon? Molly and I definitely will be... and the weather has been so great. I'll email or FB you to see what works...

    ReplyDelete