Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Milestone

Well you could say Lily's milestone is that she turned 17 months yesterday but I think the milestone is that she ate spaghetti all by herself and she loved it. Italy here we come!!


It has been a challenging winter with illness, a new daycare move in Feb. interrupted sleep, OFTEN for Lily and my poor Charlotte who is not getting as many walks as she does when the weather is fair. But we have managed and I know we are on the other side of it now.

The new daycare move happened as I had been on a list for over a year but because I went back to work a couple months early I had to find something in the interim for Lily. Well, we fell in love with the interim daycare and the transition to the new one was very hard for both of us. The new daycare offered some subsidy for me which I just could not pass up and as well, it is in walking distance to our home and I just could not pass that up since it would be more walks for Charlotte and I am just not a big believer in using a car if you don't have to.

So after a week of crying and fussing, Lily settled in and we are now on our third week. One of the effects of this transition that I have noticed is that Lily has moments where she is just clinging to me and will not let me put her down. As well, in the night she screams out and when I check on her she is just scrambling from her crib trying to crawl up me as though I am a climbing wall and she is making her way to the top. Once that happens it is very hard to get her to fall back to sleep. Last night it happened again so I brought her into my bed and a few hours later, putting her back in her crib she woke and freaked out. Well, I just said "too bad", "this is your bed and mommy needs hers" I pulled up the railing, closed the door and after 2 minutes of a rant she went to sleep. Moral of the story....perhaps I need to let her cry it out more. Problem being in a semi you feel bad for your attached neighbours who you know can hear EVERYTHING.

On another note, our adoption agency is having their third annul Fundraising Gala. I remember that Lily's orphanage was the benefactor of the first fundraiser and I am so thankful. This year you can join me at a table for a 5 course dinner, cocktails before, silent auction and some other fun. Tickets are $85 each. If you are unable to join then please help a new facility in Vung Tau (near Lily's orphange). Please check out the Gala Details where there are options on the main page to donate to many causes to build and prepare the Long Hai Centre for the infants and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment