Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stubborn like the Ox she is...

My beautiful, dependable sleeper is not any longer. I can say this now as it has become a trend rather than a "one off". For some reason she does not want me to give her the bottle in the bedroom rocking chair. On top of that she really does not want to be in her crib.

It started about 3 weeks ago and has been happening on and off now. Sometimes she wants only to have me feed her the bottle when she is in the crib (not much fun for me being hunched over). Sometimes she wants to feed herself the bottle but only if I bring her downstairs on the couch after bath. And then sometimes she wants to be in my bed (of course she does).

So tonight we had our regular books bath books bottle bed routine when she decided she did not want the bottle. I brought her down stairs with only sparkly lights on and she read books (we did spring ahead after all). Then, about 8:15 we went back up stairs. Putting her in her crib she screamed and screamed. I did some cuddling with her and then back in the crib. I shut the door, jumped into the shower and of course through most of my shower I kept hearing her "will". Out of the shower I went back in and tried to cuddled her to calm her down. She kept pointing to her change table so I put her on it, she pulled her blanket up and was quiet. She did not need a change and she was perfectly happy on the change table. Still wrapped in a towel, it was not a great place for me. So with her music playing I stayed with her for 10 min trying to calm her. After that time it was back in the crib where she again freaked out screaming and crying. I shut the door, put on my PJs and came down here to write my blog in hopes that someone can tell me what the heck is going on. Lily has always been a dream sleeper, very easy to put to bed and she sleeps for 12.5 hrs. Is it now pay back?

If you have any insight to this issue please let me know.

On another note we had the best weekend together with lots of play. We got our first library card and took out books, we registered for mom and tot gymnastics and we even went to look at cars. Many walks with the dog and best of all I was able to clean out my back porch, rearrange the pantries and fill up a couple bags of garbage, recycle and a cottage box.

Watch for a new video upload tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing exactly the right thing (going back every 5-10 minutes, finding something to do in between) if that's any help!? Sounds like she is looking for some control - probably due to recent change in her life (daycare). Just keep doing what you're doing, eventually she will get that nothing about you is going to change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend "Good Night, Sleep Tight", but Kim West.

    ReplyDelete