Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

March 29, 2010



Gotcha Lily !!






It is hard to believe that a year has past and we are celebrating our first anniversary of the day we became a family. Our "Gotcha Day" that took place in Vung Tau, Vietnam last year.


I remember it so vividly. From Auntie and I working hard to get the hotel suite all set for your arrival, to the hydrofoil trip from HCMC to Vung Tau....feeling excited, a little apprehensive of the unknown but mostly just excitement that this day has finally arrived. The hydrofoil also carried a couple other families who we were travelling with us. We were all travelling together to meet you and their babies.




Vung Tau looked very beautiful. A driver took us to your orphanage where we would meet the Director and Vice Director. Here is Mommy and Auntie standing at the front of your building.


We first had to sign lots of paperwork, take photos and finally they walked us down a big hall to the Room of Babies. This is where you, Cedric and Olivia spent your first 5-6 months.


I spotted you very quickly because you were in the play walker sitting pretty in your yellow polka-dot outfit and matching Hello Kitty yellow socks. You had a pretty pink barrette in your hair. I squatted down in front of you so we could both get a good look at each other. My heart was so full of love for you. I was wondering how you felt and knew that I wanted to go slow and not startle you.


We spent about two hours together in the Room of Babies with the other families and your Nou Nou before we gathered you and bottles, congee, and diapers and made our way back to the hydrofoil.


It seemed to be a smooth ride as you slept for most of it but when you woke I got to see how loud you could scream. You were startled as you woke up in my arms and you did not know me very well. I knew you were a bit scared. I held you close to me and told you that all will be OK and you were safe. Then something magical happened Lily. I walked to the back of the boat with you in my arms. You were still crying a little but you were curious to see different things. We both took a look out of the small window to the water and there in from of us was a very big boat with the name "Lily" printed on it. Boy, I wish I had my camera but we both saw it together and I knew then and there that we were meant to be a family. "You", my daughter and "Me", your mother.



1 comment: