Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Back Home to a Nice Rhythm

Time at the Cottage for Lily:




I can't believe I am saying this but....I am happy to be back from the cottage. I had an amazing week up there with soaring temperatures and the opportunity to get Lily in the water to kick and splash (yes it was warm enough). My friend joined us for the last few days with her 10 mths old and 2.5 yrs old. It was chaos! But a fun chaos with lots of laughs, walks to the beach and cocktails at five. The biggest comedy was all of us coming home in one car. The two babies and the toddler in the back (all in their car seats) and me in the passenger seat with Charlotte on my lap. Thankfully she was soooooo tired that she took to the floor at my feat. Thanks Andrea for all the fun and for the Impy...the big Impala that got us home safely.

I have photos of proof that we were in the water but alas, my memory card reader is not working so waiting is the game for pictures.

Lily's milestones while we were away:
  • Crawled seven paces to reach for the House & Home magazine (takes after her mamma)



  • Ate avocado for the first time
  • Clapped her hands (well she was trying for palm to palm but it was more fist to fist)
  • Swam with my help in the C.I. waters kicking her feet and splashing hands

  • Played in the sand for the first time and even tasted the fine grains
Little Miss Mouse having fun in my sarong from Indonesia (circa 1996)

I think there is a lot more to look forward to this summer at the cottage.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely perfect! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling Paula Pizza, how I loved reading your blog and seeing the delicious pictures of your lovely, precious Lily. You are indeed a spectacular young lady and my hat goes off to you for your courage in the many different fazes of your life. You have a busy household with baby and doggie but I know you'll meet the challenge head on as you've always done. Lily will bring you many hours of delight and the occasional frustration but that's all part and parcel of being a Mom.Fond memories of Barrie are always wonderful and I too had a friend bring lilacs and the smell reminded me of Barrie as well. Time for bed so I'll say so long for now but hopefully one of these days I'll get to see you and Lily in person and get to give you both delicious hugs. Big blog hugs for now, Momma Andrea

    ReplyDelete