Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guess What?

We are sick again! Well, it all started with me. Saturday morning Lily and I drove up to Auntie's ski hill to spend the day with family. It was just a glorious day with sun shining. The famous puddle jump took place and we had great seats to watch the event. Lily was so incredibly happy running around in the snow, meeting lots of new faces and I think just being out in a big space with the sun shining would be enough to make anyone happy. We went back to their chalet for dinner as of course like it always happens for me, after dinner I felt a little off so I decided to pack it in and get us home before I got worse and couldn't drive. The drive was uneventful but I was so thankful to be back home. With all of our stuff in the car I took Lily in to bed and I followed. Morning came and I took Lily to her gymnastics (what was I thinking?)...and by the time we got home I new I didn't have much left in me. Thank goodness "E" showed up and was able to lend a hand. It all went downhill for me and to bed I went for about 24 hours. The worst for me is the high fever as I am just useless with that plus all the other ailments going on. I noticed last night Lily was coughing a lot, well more than usual as she has been coughing for the last few weeks but last night seemed worse. By morning I my fever broke and I was able to get out of bed and get her ready for daycare. By end of day I was told not to bring her back for at least 24 hours and you need to have a doctor's note. Man!!! That puts a wrench into it. So as I am getting better my butter cup is having green goo coming out of her eyes and a cough that won't stop. On top of it she has a new tooth coming in. Peaks and valleys, peaks and valleys. Both offer something beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Get better soon! ...one of th hardest things about single parenthood is being sick at the same time as your child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying out a new mantra...the deeper the valley the more beautiful the peak will seem! Join me as I repeat it over and over and over again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughh that stinks for you and Lily! Healthy vibes coming your way :) Let me know when you girls are better and we can arrange a playdate!

    ReplyDelete