Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Toddlers = Adapting to Change

And that is our life right now.  We were to get on a plane to travel to see my godson but the day before I got a call from daycare saying that Lily has a rash all over her belly and it looks like pimples.  "Don't rush" they say to pick her up as she is doing fine.  So I get my work done and leave a bit early to pick her up and take her to the Walk In clinic in close to home.  It was a first time visit to this doctor.  We finally get in and he is really nice and engages with Lily.  He takes a look at her rash and says, "it is chicken pox".  I question his diagnosis asking if he is certain as the spots have disappeared and there is not as many as the morning.  He as adamant that she had chicken pox.  OH NO, I am thinking that I will have to cancel my flight to Calgary.  I thought I would wait and talk to the family first and see how they are with a baby in their home with the pox.  But it is not just that.  Do I really want to travel with a baby with the pox and uncertain how she will be?  She could be very unwell and not in the comforts of her own home.  I  just can't do that to her.  So, I get on-line and move my trip to the May long weekend.  Of course my godson is devastated as he was so happy and was really looking forward to our visit, especially to see Lily that he shared it with his class at school and with friends in the neighbourhood.  I feel terrible about this.  The only good news is that in May I will be there for his birthday and that will be very special.

We will get in to see Lily's doctor just to confirm the diagnosis.  I have a weird feeling she does not have the chicken pox.  We shall see. 

Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment