Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Leanne Coppen - RIP

I recently found out that Leanne Coppen passed away last week. Leanne was one of the three women profiled recently in Chatelaine magazine (along with me and another woman) in an article called Full Frontal Bravery.

I remember Leanne because about a year and a half ago I was asked if I would like to be a guest blogger on her blog for Chatelaine. I blogged about my reconstructive surgery I was going to have the very next day.

I did not read her blog often and I never met her personally but I always felt connected to her as a breast cancer survivor.

Leanne was an amazing writer and a courageous woman in that she shared her journey with so many readers. She brought a real life picture to what it was like as a young woman and mother to live with metastatic breast cancer. She peeled the layers back on cancer and helped so many people. Leanne was a beautiful, stylish, articulate young mother who left this world much too soon.

I want to express my condolences to her family and her close friends and let them know that I selected my over the top curse words and sent them out directly to "cancer" ...and then sent Leanne a great big smile.

For Leanne's blog entries please go to Chatelaine.com and then Living with Breast Cancer by Leanne Coppen.

No comments:

Post a Comment