Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

December


I love the month of December. I love Christmas and I love decking the halls and dressing a tree. I started baking a few years back and I have not yet become as passionate about that as I am around the whole decorating thing. Maybe Lily will be the baker.

I wanted to give a progress email on Lily's congestion. It got to the point where I anytime she coughed I had to go and check on her for fear of her not breathing. She has been on a two puffer system now for just over a week and we have one more week to go. She has been a trooper with the administration of it and now she demands to hold both puffers and shake them for me. I am not having to struggle with the chamber anymore and she gladly lets me put it over her mouth and nose.

Since she has been sick I have fallen prey to a throat infection...you know the kind with the hacking dry cough that also keeps you up all night long. Even Buckleys has not helped. Very disappointed in Buckleys. Some mornings I feel as though my body is going to fall apart. I am wishing that we both have excellent health in the coming weeks so we can really enjoy Christmas.
One of the elves dropped a Christmas tree on our front porch last night. Maybe this weekend we can get it in to start decorating. I am really looking forward to starting my own traditions with Lily. Some that were from my childhood that I will pass on and some will be new just for us.
I started putting pigtails in Lily's hair and she looks like such a toddler now. I can't say she loves it when I do this so often I leave it for her daycare provider to do.
Thanks France for the cute pink chair. Lily loves climbing in and out of the chair. She thinks she is such a big girl to be able to get in and out on her own.

Update on Kitchen: we finally have all the upper cabinets in place. Had to return the door fronts on the lowers because they did not match the original cabinets I had from a couple years ago. So waiting for those door fronts to come in and then almost done. The exhaust hood fan will wait till 2011 as will the countertop.

1 comment:

  1. love the pigtails!

    I'm trying to get Maya to sport them but she refuses!

    ReplyDelete