Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Bath

I don't know why but about a week ago Lily would not get into the tub. On another occasion I played games to get her into the tub but then she screamed. The next time I went into the tub with her and again she was barely in, maybe 2 min. and the screaming started. So I have skipped a night, maybe two and then tonight I got the tub ready extra early, as I thought her not wanting to get in could be due to her just being really tired. Again, barely her toes in and screaming, and then she cries out "Mema, Mema". Out she comes again. I know I can sponge bath her but she loves her baths.

So, I am shooting this question out to followers on my blog. Do you think there is a correlation between the bath and her cutting 3 molars. The timing sure would fit. Maybe a little vulnerable in a bathtub of water?

Help?

5 comments:

  1. Is she okay in the empty tub? Try letting the water run (she could play in the stream) before putting the plug in and letting it fill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys...the tub actually has water in it. This is all at the beginning of her bath. She just does not want to be in the tub for her bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly went through something similar in September. But she seemed scared that she and her toys would go down the drain. It only took a few weeks for her to get over it. I tried a few different things including getting in with her, skipping a few nights and using the shower. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Van is teething he seems extra sensitive to the vulnerability associated with a bath. Usually he's fine when it's time to lie back to get his hair washed, but when he's teething he does panicky whining. Not sure if it's his teething but it coincides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Around Lily's age Sadie thought she could go down the drain! I had to try to shove myself down it to prove to her that you can't go down it.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete