Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

A New Discovery

Lily has been very irritable these past few days. Even daycare said she was "really vocal" today. I know what that means but when I think about it Lily is not a big screamer...she is pretty calm and only screams when she is hungry, tired ...oh yes and when in pain. Dah...a light just came on (well on Saturday).
I had been feeling around thinking her first year molars should be appearing soon but there was nothing, just her eight teeth that she has had for over 4months now. I had been checking for the past month. This weekend however, Lily screamed quite a bit and when I noticed she was not eating like her usual self I knew something was up and I was determine to figure it out.

No fever, no rash, getting a good nights sleep, even a good sleep (from their standards) at daycare. On Saturday Lily and I went to Sherway Gardens for a quick meeting. Quick because she wanted to be out in the mall and then we went to meet Santa only to find out that you had to have a ticket bought for this "guest" only party. WHAT!!!??? I was outraged really. No Santa visit on this trip. They told me I would have to go to another mall as that is not how they do it at Sherway. WOW!

So finally after a quick trip to the Bay we got home and as I was putting Lily down for a nap I stuck my finger in her mouth for another quick feel and there they were. Two sharp points coming through her upper gums. Gosh it felt so painful. Now I think these are her first set of molars coming in as they are far back enough not to be her eye teeth. Could be wrong as I am a first time mamma. Even the on-line diagram didn't really help me. Thankfully, my friend Tylenol helped alleviate the pain for her.

I will know in a day or two as I can see if other angles of the molar start to poke through. I tell you I felt so much better knowing it was her teeth. I just can't believe I did not feel anything sooner. Those teeth are funny little things, just sneaking in when you least expect them to.

So we are a happier bunch and Sunday was a really fun day with a trip up to Holland Landing for a special 80th surprise birthday for a dear dear friend of ours, Derek. Now of course we did not make the surprise...that would be way to much pressure for me. We did get there a fashionable 45 min late and had a great time.

Getting Ready for the Big Party
Lily's dress was knitted by Greta Upper this past summer with wool taken from a sweater she knitted for her daughter years ago.

All Ready for Bed and Happy (thanks Tylenol)

1 comment:

  1. That would be it for me, I would totally boycott Sherway. But I can be a little too reactionary...

    ReplyDelete