Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Three Coins in a Fountain

Well OK, for me it was more like "Three Coins on Dupont Street".

It all started yesterday morning. My life was at a pivotal point tipping in many directions. I bundle my sweet baby up in her thick winter suit all the while she is screaming out as if I was torturing her. Finally, and now I am all hot and bothered I get out the door and start to walk towards my car with Lily, two lunch bags, her backpack and my sling bag (will someone please design something to make our Cnd winters easier with babies?).

It is only when I get in the driver's seat that I can breathe a sigh of relaxation. Lily also fights me now when I put her in the car seat because with all of her fleece and woolly winter clothing plus her blanky, it would be kinda like stuffing a body (maybe mine) into jeans from the 70's.

We are driving east bound on Dupont street going slow as molasses because they have created a bike lane and now we have cars lined up idling for 10-15 min on the one lane. It is not until you past Lansdowne that you have two lanes to choose from. I have been sick, as Lily with this terrible congestion, cough in the throat and as I approach Dupont I have a huge cough only to cough up the crap that has been in my throat for the past week. With no Kleenex near by I decide to do the only lady like thing and open my door and spit. (yes the light is red by now). I made sure I was in the other driver's blind spot to hide my face in shame. Well, there, right in front of me, on the road, are three coins. A toonie, a loonie and a quarter.

So without further adieu I continue to embarrass myself by reaching down and picking up the toonie and the loonie. Sadly, the quarter was further from my reach.

Light turns green. I buckle up and forward but now I am elated. I am not frustrated at winter. I am singing the happy lucky song to Lily. I am thinking my life is about to change for the better. I am attracting money and it is going to flow easily into my life. I really could have been in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome....that is just how lucky I felt.

So today I am still on a bit of a high and it was only $3.00. But this is what happens to me. Suddenly money comes waltzing into my life when I least expect it to. And you watch as I will report back on my blog and let you know what unexpected cash flow comes to me over the next couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. It's not the amount of money that matters, it's the irrefutable evidence that in spite of how your day was going, the universe really is on your side. Great story!

    ReplyDelete