Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I wish it would snow. I love lots and lots of snow as it makes Charlotte happy to roll around in it. For Christmas we will be heading to a place north/east of Barrie where there will be lots of snow and I look forward to seeing Lily roll around in it too.

I usually feel a little melancholy before the holidays but this year I am just too darn busy. Having Lily certainly keeps me living in the moment. Life is full, full of all good things to do with her and her well being. This week I have been rocking her to sleep as her teeth are still causing a lot of pain. I am thoroughly loving these moments of watching my angel fall into a blissful sleep. Sometimes it is still very surreal for me. She is growing fast and now a toddler, not the wee mouse that I carried in the sling all curled up like she was still in the womb.

I know soon she will be talking up a storm and that will be a really fun time but for now, I just want to savour all she is today including the fact that she won't let me put her down when we come home from daycare (unless it is to go into her highchair). I won't lie, my body hurts a little and I am a bit lopsided. But I love how she needs me and has bonded with me.

I am feeling pretty lucky and blessed tonight. I have so much but if I could ask for one thing from Santa it would be to have two extra hours in the day. One for just me and one to enable me to pick up Lily early every day from daycare.

1 comment:

  1. Those are such nice wishes. I get it. Every single second with ben is a gift. And of course I love the puppy shot.

    ReplyDelete