Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

An Afternoon Shower

I had such a beautiful afternoon with lots of close friends and family to celebrate Lily's anticipated arrival. An afternoon shower hosted by my cousin R and my two friends G & A.

The food was just amazing. The menu consisted of pizza bites, sausage rolls (the best I have ever had), mini quiche, party sandwiches, mini scones with cream and jam, veggies and cupcakes for dessert. Lots of Proseco & Cassis !!

I was truly overwhelmed with all the beautiful gifts I opened for Miss Lily. Photos will follow tomorrow after I have had a good night sleep but I received some wonderful story books, sweet outfits, stuffed animals that were as soft and lambs wool, diaper bag and backpack, toys and mobiles, and a themed gift of all our seasons for Lily (which was very clever) i.e. coats for winter, outfit for the fall, bathing suit for summer....you get the idea. A Bunnykins bank which is a tradition of my dear friend B ....she has given one to all our circle of girlfriends who have had a baby. There was more, such as a hand knitted baby blanket from a grandmothers pattern, another homemade fleece blanket that was big enough to wrap myself up with and then all the other wonderful gifts that Lily will use either now or as she grows. I even received a wipes warmer for Lily but I am certain I will personally use from time to time. Nothing is better than a warm wipes!

I am slowly falling a sleep after a day that would resemble Christmas morning. I am still in the clouds as today has just made the wait a little bit more tolerable and I know that very soon I will round the corner and will step onto the plane for Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment