Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Hangover....

Well it is not really a hangover b/c I did not drink (due to being on antibiotics) but it feels like a hangover due to lots of physical preparation for the Fundraiser, staying up very late and an overwhelming feeling in my heart that won't go away.

The event was so much fun and I promise to post pictures later when people send me some (I forgot to bring my camera). First and foremost the decorations that were installed by my C.I. friends Liza, Tanya and Greg were just stunningly beautiful. They installed Chinese paper lanterns and parasols in soft pink and white. Thank you guys!! Many complements to you from the guests.

The event committee we had really pulled it together in the final hour and worked so hard during the event. We had a huge silent auction with amazing items for people to bid on and as well, "Vietnamese Draw" auction (well that is what we are calling it) and for this you purchase a book of tickets and drop a ticket or a few into the box of the item you hope to win.

Then we had a great bar set up serving up a few libations to wet every one's whistle because it is a lot of work bidding on items and bidding over other people's bid. It was highly competitive.

The food of course was nothing short of spectacular. Spring rolls, cheese balls, the best sausage rolls from "All the Best Fine Foods" which were donated, veggie and fruit trays, snacks in Asian take-out containers and an array of umbrella cupcakes.

We raised funds for my upcoming trip to Vietnam to bring Lily home. We also raised enough money to purchase medical supplies, diapers, formula and toys for Lily's orphanage. And through the Dragonfly Campaign we raised $250.00 that will go directly to TDH Ontario for children's projects in severe poverty stricken regions in Vietnam.

So a big THANK YOU to the committee (Monique, Jackie, Shari, Rachel), extra help in the kitchen thanks to Juni, a smooth running bar thanks to Jane, shout out to Arletta who did the gorgeous ticket design, all the people (and the list is way too many to list here) who donated an item or service to the silent auction. Without your generous donation our party would not have been nearly as fun. Lastly, I want to thank Erik for allowing us to utilize and make-over the roof-top party room in his loft building. It was a beautiful spot for our gathering.

So as it is Sunday and I have been going like a European Train these days, I am planning on doing nothing. Well almost nothing as I need to clean and organize my house as it looked like a European train when straight through it.

Stay tuned for some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment