Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

An Update on my Updates

Well another week has come and gone and no news yet as to when I will be travelling. Some days it seems such a far away dream and then other days I feel as though I am about to travel.

Vietnam just celebrated the festival of TET:

Tet - Vietnamese and Chinese Lunar New Year, is the most important Festival of Vietnamese people. This scared Festival sometime between late January or early February (depend on Lunar Calendar ) and Tet has become so familiar to the Vietnamese that when Spring arrives, the Vietnamese, wherever they may be, are all thrilled and excited with the advent of Tet, and they feel an immense nostalgia, wishing to come back to their homeland for a family reunion and a taste of the particular flavours of the Vietnamese festivities.. Although officially a three-day affair, festivities may continue for a week or more with every effort made to indulge in eating, drinking, and enjoyable social activities. It is also a time for family reunions, and for paying respect to ancestors and the elders. Gifts of food are made to friends, neighbours and relatives in the days before Tet.

What this means is that no one is getting any information as all the government buildings are closed and many take extended holidays. I was concerned from the onset and knowing the timing when I received my referral of Lily that I would run into TET and there would be a delay.

So I just wanted everyone to know, because I know you are wondering, that I have not received an invitation from Vietnam to travel. I contacted my agency by email last week and by phone this week but I am not hearing back which tells me they have no additional news.

Well, I will focus on the upcoming fundraiser party which will be so much fun!!

Hopefully, fingers crossed and knock on wood that I will hear something next week to share at the party.

4 comments:

  1. How long have recent travel invitations been taking at your sweet girl's orphanage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B - I don't even know when the last travel invitations were extended. Usually they can get an invite out in 3 months from proposal...that would be Feb 19 (lets take some days away for TET) so I am hoping in the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula - you may be lucky but Brodie waited about 4.5 months from referral to travel to Vung Tau 1. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol....I am wishing on a star to have travel happen in about 3.5 months. It is all I can do besides packing up a bag in a couple weeks and heading over. I hope to hear good news of your travel very soon.

    ReplyDelete