Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February Blues

Yup that about sums it up.

I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately and I think that the waiting is really starting to get to me. I come across like all is "OK" or "I anticipated the wait" or "all good things come to those who wait"...but really, it is killing me, at least these past few days. I just feel really sad that I cannot be there with her.

I did have a busy weekend and finally got the stairs carpeted and they look amazing. The cool thing is that they do not creak when climbing up or down. So the only other big job is to re-surface the kitchen floor. How I would love that job to be done when I am away, but I am such a good demolition girl that my skills are much needed for this job.

There is a (non) surprise shower for me this coming weekend. It will be great to have friends around and I think it will also get me pumped up and give me a second wind to keep going. And who doesn't like opening presents, drinking champagne and eating cake (I am only assuming there is cake). How great is it that for my baby shower I can consume lots of champagne.

Cheers Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ...the part of the wait that I found most excruciating. I'm thinking of you and hoping that your wait to travel is the "short" version of the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paula, I completely relate. I can't believe how excruciating the wait is. Especially since they booked my flight and then cancelled it! that was a month ago. Try to keep busy and think happy thoughts. Hard I know but champagne will help!

    ReplyDelete