Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Three of Miss Lily

Well it is Wed here and late Tuesday night your time. Auntie Michele is taking care of sleeping Lily while I type this. I have to say that everynight once I put here down I try to type out a blog or send an email but due to technology issues and my exhaustion I have been unsuccessful.

Lily slept really well the first night and I was so impressed but last night she did wake up screaming about every 90 min. It is tought trying to figure out what is wrong but every mother has done it before me and I know it will just take time. She cut a first tooth about 4 days ago and then yesterday I noticed she cut a new tooth and I was happy to be a part of one of our many milestone we will have together.

The other two families (4 people in total) have all come down with a 24 bug that includes a lot of toilet hugging (except M who is very healthy amoungst the other 3).

We are hoping to have our G & R this coming Friday and then after that I will posts a bunch of pictures. Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens and Zoo which is very close to our hotel and today we are going to get M a netbook and me a stroller. We will also try to find a place to purchase Au Daos for Lily.

My sister is doing great and taking good care of us. I am taking good care of Lily but my body sure is feeling the pain of holding her so much and of course the lack of sleep. It is very hot here at about 35C during the day and the humidity at times sitting around 75%.

I can't wait to introduce all of you to the wee mouse. She is so much smaller than I imagined based on her photos.

6 comments:

  1. Paula, I am beyond thrilled for you!!! Can't wait to meet my new little neighbour. Safe travels!

    xo

    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I find that everyone finds the babies to be smaller than they looked like in the pictures!
    Hang in there with the sleep deprivation and rest whenever you can!
    Give a hug to Lily for me! Can't wait to see pictures!
    Tell M to hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and baby Lily! Hopefully your G&R will happen in time for you to email me a photo and NEW ARRIVAL announcement for the newsletter! Please invite the other families to do so as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO happy for you and Lily! I can't wait to see pictures! Teething can be hard on babies (my kids get fevers, ear aches, diarrhea and wake up every couple of hours screaming) and she's getting used to new surroundings and to you. you WILL sleep again....this too shall pass and all will be well. Try to nap when she naps.
    Hang in the Mamma!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds just about right! So glad your sister is there to take care of you so that you have more time to take care of Lily. Anxiously awaiting pictures after the G&R.
    p.s. Hope the bug clears up soon for everyone else and passes right by you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled to hear you have Lily with you, and can't wait for pics. When do you expect to come home? I will be in HCMC on the 14th, staying for 3 weeks. (visiting my sister who lives there). Will your friend M still be there after you leave?

    ReplyDelete