Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flights Booked

Organized flights today and I am happy it has all been resolved. We got such a great deal. On one hand I didn't want to fly Air Canada and I was really hoping for a flight Cathay Pacific but ...and this is a big but, the Air Canada flight was $500 cheaper. Our travel agent found a seat sale and jumped on it. I sure hope we don't see the discount in the way of service on the flight because it is a straight flight to Tokyo (13.5 hours).

So next Friday March 26th my sister and I will head to the airport before noon to catch our flight. I have already checked the movie schedule to ensure that if the flight is not ideal I can just have a movie marathon.

We are still hoping for the Giving and Receiving (G & R) Ceremony to happen on Monday the 29th. For those that don't know what the G & R is here is a bit of info on it:

The Giving and Receiving Ceremony is a special highlight of adopting from Vietnam. Often called the G&R, the Giving and Receiving ceremony is the actual event in which your child becomes legally yours in the eyes of the Vietnamese government.

G&Rs vary greatly from province to province. Some ceremonies are short and matter of fact; others are more elaborate and emotional. Many have said that no matter the style of the ceremony it is an extremely unique and unforgettable experience. Parents sign their name in the big adoption book, official papers are signed and many words are spoken.

I have a couple weeks to learn a few Vietnames phrases.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paula,

    I am teary-eyed for you. It is so exciting once the flights are booked! The flight will be long, but you'll hardly remember it afterward... I am quite excited to follow your journey to Lily.
    Good luck with the Vietnamese phrases!

    Jules and Molly
    p.s. Don't forget to learn a few silly songs too!

    ReplyDelete