Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One Step Closer

Today I received my "Child Documents" which is a group of official documents including birth certificate, minutes outlining the circumstance for Lily to have come to the orphanage and as well the announcements that went out on local radio and local print media to inform local people.

It was a tough read as it really hit me that someone actually chose to leave their baby with a stranger for whatever the reason....it must have been one of the hardest things that woman has ever had to do.

But all this information, albeit difficult and emotional at times is the fabric that will create Lily's story. For better or worse it all belongs to her.

So now I just have to coordinate with my adoption practitioner to review and sign off on the last of the documents I need to complete here in Canada. I am hoping I will be on a plane soon. Perhaps even within the next few posts.

1 comment:

  1. Paula, I'm so happy to hear that things are moving along with Lily. I also love your story about speaking for the cbcf. I wish I could have heard you. But I've been thinking of you. I hope we can speak soon.
    Love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete