Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Journey of a Lifetime

Well officially I fly out today...as it is 12:05am. Yup, I am still up although I am packed (YEAH). My sister brought down a big hockey bag and we loaded it up with lots of clothes for the orphanage and as well, great toys for the older kids. We are still hoping to get some shopping in on Sunday before we leave for the orphanage.

As I type this my sister is on the telephone getting helpdesk support for her new HP notebook. Hmmm I wonder if I can get helpdesk support the first week of being a mom? I am so ready to go to bed. Looking around the house we have in total, 2 huge suitcases and 2 medium suitcases. We have two carry on pieces of luggage and then I have the baby backpack as my purse and my sister has a small backpack. We are loaded down. Now all we have to do is step on the scale to see how much they weigh. I am very positive we will be under 50lbs on all fronts.

Today went by so quickly but not without a few moments of "OMG" I am going to be a mommy to this sweet baby girl in less than 4 days. Suddenly I have no clue how to do anything. Luckily I catch on quickly (really I do...ask anyone who has ever trained me in a job).

My sister and I have have enough drugs to sink a ship between the two of us. I have enough diapers packed in all 4 bags that Lily is guaranteed to never have a wet bottom and we have tons of gadgets. Yup - lets see...we have an iphone, blackberry, two digital cameras with video capabilities, 1 SLR digital camera, 1 netbook, a card reader, ipods and headsets. Gosh the last time I went to Sth East Asia all I brought was my discman and before that I used my walkman and brought tons of mixed tapes (remember those days?).

OK I am starting to ramble but that is b/c my sister is still on the with the helpdesk and now they are chatting about where she can get support in Tokyo (stopover before VT). I must go to bed and no sleeping pill needed here.

By the way...I am feeling all the emotions of the rainbow and in no particular order. My favorite thing to do is to walk around my house, room to room and think about what job needs to be done, do about 10% and then walk out into another room and repeat. That is so not like me!! It is sheer luck I was able to zip up a suitcase.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, You'll have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Paula, this is the exciting time. Enjoy, savour, write about it so you remember it.
    Wishing you all the luck I can muster. Have a fabulous time. Thanks for letting us share this with you.
    Can't wait to see pictures of you holding your baby girl.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete