Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good News and not so Good News

Just for the record I did have a blog with accounts of our journey to Vietnam. Sadly it was lost due to a bad internet connection. I hope to re-type this but for now I have other news to share and catch you up on today.

Our hotel room is fantastic with tons of space and a great view over downtown HCMC (I think it is downtown). Yesterday was Earth Hour and it really explained how quiet it was last night driving in from the airport. Very dark and very few people around for a Saturday night.

After a great night sleep and a bit of unpacking we lounged by the pool for a couple hours and then headed off to a very nice shopping centre. Actually I was disappointed the hotel recommned this place because it was way too Western. It was everything we have at Yorkdale and then some. We got what we needed and headed back to the hotel to meet Loan. Loan is our hostess here Vietnam. She has worked for our agency for many many years and helps us navigate through all the hoops while here. We had a meeting with the families so she could go over what the next week would look like.

The not so good news is that my friend M, who has already waited so long for her little boy has to wait even longer. Apparently, her dossier still needs to go back to the Dept. of Adoption. What that means is that she cannot have him until that final step is completed. It was estimated that she might have another couple weeks tacked onto her trip. It was very sad to hear this news and I am sure quite upsetting for M.

For the other three families our babies are in Vung Tau and the process is very seamless there due to the many years of experience. They did tell us however, due a primary staff member being ill our Giving and Receiving Ceremony is postponed anywhere from 3-5 days. The upside to this which is not the same for M is that we can still go to the orphanage to meet the babies and bring them back to our hotels right away. This is all happening tomorrow when we head to Vung Tau.

I am feeling really scared actually. Scared more so in the unknown. I am not feeling too organized these days and even in the hotel my stuff is just not organized in a way that makes me efficient. I must make changes first thing in the morning as there will be no time once she is placed into my arms.

So, on Monday March 29th I will meet my daughter. I was told today that she has a very good temprament, is easy going and does not make much of a fuss. I will learn all about her schedule and hope to the high heavens that I do a good job in replecating it once she is in my arms.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor M. Does she get to go and visit at T-V? I hope so! If not perhaps she is up to an in-country trip up to Ha Long or to the beach. Soooo hard. Please let her know I'm thinking of her.

    So Lily day! The organized mama is the mama that lets her sister do the organizing. You do the baby and she does the rest. Trust me, it works and after the trip she wont be around all the time so take advantage right now.

    Can't wait to see a photo! Feel free to send me a mama baby shot on email while you wait on your g+r...ummm, I stated that like a request but really I don't think I can wait.

    Bev and Ben
    (not Carol, I'm on a friend's computer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P - so happy to hear tomorrow (today) is the day - cant imagine how you are feeling! Thinking of you, Alex jack and Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,

    I was putting Hannah to bed when I realized that today is the day. Poor little Hannah got a shorter story time and rushed to bed so I could check your blog! I hope everything went well today. This is just the beginning...stay safe and healthy.

    Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paula,

    Praying that Lily day went really well and that you are having the time of your life, scared or not... happy, in shock, loving it, feeling it... just being there. We can't wait to see pictures after the G&R.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from Dorothy and Peter. Can't wait to meet Lily.

    ReplyDelete