Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two More Nights to Go!

I have spent the day at home waiting for a courier to arrive. Charlotte was out on my front porch...door open but a gate across the front steps. Already noon and no one has come. I go out onto the porch and taped to the post a few steps away from the front door but closer to the gate, I see the Purolator tag. OMG - I can't believe they came. I was prepped, waiting, anticipating, and I stayed home so I wouldn't have to drive to God's country to pick up the freaking package.

So I try to summarize what may have happened. Man afraid of cute yellow labrador that probably stayed sleeping the whole time. Man sees front door open and there is a screen door. He thinks I could call "hello", or knock on the post while yelling "hello" as it was very clear there was someone in the house. He could perhaps go to the big purolator truck and honk the horn. But no to all of these and instead he conveniently posts the message informing me to go to God's country, once again to retrieve the package.

Oh my blood was boiling and I could not dial that 1-888 number fast enough. When I finally got someone to listen to me I was simmering but I needed to give an earful. It went all the way to an escalated complaint to the manager....resulting in nothing as they couldn't do anything for me AND I would still have to drive in the direction of the sunset to get the package (that had our passports in it). And that was that.

So onward as it is a beautiful day and I had lots to do. A couple hours later I am checking on Charlotte (still on front porch) and there it is in front of my house...a big white purolator truck. The driver is on the walk checking to see if the large man eating dog is nearby but I run out to ensure him I am the recipient of the package. He hands it to me, I sign and I feel triumphant and I think he does as well because he just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment