Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My last Sunday before Work

I can't tell you how excited I am that this will be the last week that I will need to plan for my work week ahead...at least for the next 10 months anyway. I am happy to exchange it for the very different work I will be doing in the months ahead.

This morning I met with my adoption practitioner to finalize some papers for the Ontario ministry. No surprises, no additional work, and nothing new to add to my file. This will be one of the final pieces of paper work I will need to do before I fly out.

My sister Michele will be travelling with me and I am just as excited to have her travelling with me as I am meeting my new daughter. We have not travelled together before (driving to Windsor in a mini-van does not count) and she is going to be such a great travel partner, very easy going, extremely helpful and she has been a parent to her two boys for the past 19 years. She certainly qualifies for the job.

Packing - I know this can be a daunting task but I have done a fair bit of travel to spots around the globe and the one this I know for sure is....you can buy it there. So I am not going to worry about the "what ifs" or debate whether she may need this or that because I know I can get it there. Packing little outfits for her is such a fun job to do but the really big job is that I have to move my winter and spring/summer clothes around earlier than usually as it is hot hot hot over there. So I started that this weekend.

There is also the pending kitchen floor that I wanted to replace before I travel but it is not looking like that will get done. My super handy hero "E" just may do that while I am away.

So, it is off to work I go organizing clothes and making a few lists of things to do over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment