Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Day Was So Beautiful

I am sitting here by the pool at our hotel with baby Lily in the sling while typing this. I would have put a message on earlier but last night after we came back from the orphanage with the babies ...I was toast. Done, exhausted, overwhelmed and oh so happy!

I am sorry tht I do not have any pictures yet to share with you. Due to the fact that we have not had the G & R ceremony i cannot post any pictures here. I will try to send a few emails out today with photos of the very special day.

My sweet Lily is just melting my heart. We had an exceptional time at the orphanage and then we took the Hydrofoil back to HCMC ....where she slept for 30 min and cried for 60 min. I felt so sad for here having to wake up in such an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar person (me).

We had a good night but she would not take a bottle for quite a while. Fourteen hours later she finally did and I was soooooo happy. She is just a wee mouse with a georgeous laugh and although she is still hesitant with me I can see that she is slowly warming up.

I canèt wait to share photos with all of you. All the other mommies are happy. I am just about to take her into the pool. We did a treatment for scabies on both of us last night so they say the pool is good to rid of these as well.

Cedric is my friends baby from Sudbury and we call him the Buddha baby, and Olivia is my friends baby from Ottawa who is all smiles.

More later ....we are all happy and the babies are healthy.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to hear. Those first days are so full of emotion for both of you. Waiting for the first bottle, the first poop, the first smile. And for us, waiting for Molly to stop being the spider monkey who would not let go of us for anything.
    Enjoy, good luck and looking forward to those pictures.
    Jules and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paula, for all the mommies...I'm sending as special hello to Olivia's mommy from Ottawa, S. Looking forward to seeing them both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pleased Paula .... big cuddles to Lily from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Nicolette, Jim, Lewis and Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her. Love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that you and baby Lily are doing well. You both continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! Send M. a big hug too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Paula!!!! thinking of you both - Catherine and I shared your news at work and everyone is so thrilled for you! Love AJD&H

    ReplyDelete