Sweet Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Pinch Me - Travel Dates Arrive

Hang on to your hats because I have some great news.

Today around 4:00pm I suddenly get multiple calls coming in on my cellular phone. Problem is I am at work in a conference room on a call to Calgary. Yet my backpack manages to find its way to me, thankfully by my colleague C.M. She hands it to me and says, "It has been ringing constantly. Someone must really want to get a hold of you".

So while I listen to the conference call with one ear ready to answer any question being fired at me, the other ear is busy listening to my voicemail of another waiting to travel Mom. With sheer excitement as I have never heard from her before she is shouting, "Did you see the email? Did you see the email?"

Grabbing my iphone I quickly get into my personal mailbox to see any new emails. And there with a musical "ding" the new email pops up and it is from our Director of our agency giving us travel dates. Yup....I said TRAVEL DATES!!

Now these dates are tentative (notice the insignificant lower case). It looks like we will need to be in Vietnam by the 28th of March to be able to attend the Giving and Receiving Ceremony a day or two later. So quickly I start calculating dates, reviewing calendars and determining my last day at work and that is when the wheels really start spinning, my list starts growing of things to do and then I suddenly realize... I am still on a conference call.

More to follow...

1 comment: